THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS VALID ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES
AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”). DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (19 IF A RESIDENT OF ALABAMA OR NEBRASKA), HAVE AN ACTIVE EMAIL ADDRESS AS OF 5/15/11, OWN A HORSE WHO IS CARED FOR BY A LICENSED EQUINE VETERINARIAN (EXCLUDING VETERINARIANS LOCATED IN MINNESOTA), AND ARE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, AND CURRENTLY LOCATED IN, ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Bayer HealthCare LLC (“Sponsor”) is offering this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). David Kessler & Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”) is administering the operation of, and prize fulfillment under, this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator shall be referred to collectively as the “Sweepstakes Entities”. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C. AND WHERE PROHIBITED. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who: a) are 18 years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) on date of entry; b) have an active, valid e-mail address as of 5/15/11; and c) own a horse who is cared for by a licensed equine veterinarian (“Veterinarian”) (excluding such Veterinarians located in Minnesota) Employees, officers and directors of Bayer Animal Health, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, veterinarian customers, sales representatives, dealers, suppliers, vendor agencies, promotion and advertising agencies, distributors, retailers and promotion partners, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. Proof of eligibility may be required.
- Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 7/1/11 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/15/11 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/15/11. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- To enter, complete an online entry form at www.mylegendaryvet.com with all required information and submit as instructed on-screen. You will be required to nominate your Veterinarian in English in 250 words or less. You will need to supply your Veterinarian’s name, complete business address, web site URL (if applicable) and the name of your horse(s) to complete your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person/household/email address. If you do not want to be contacted for promotional purposes, please check the opt-out box on the online entry form.
- In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who was assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide proof to Sponsor that he/she is the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sweepstakes Entities’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules; all such entries will be disqualified; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize winner; or (vii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, Sweepstakes Entities will select the winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the termination time and date. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method that is prohibited under these rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of the following: a 2 day/2 night trip for the winner to appear in an Equitrekking episode with Darley Newman. Trip includes round trip coach airfare from a major airport near the winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to Mackinac Island, Michigan, the site of filming; 2 nights accommodations (standard room) at a location of Sponsor’s choice; a horseback ride and filmed appearance with Darley Newman in an Equitrekking episode; dinner with Darley Newman and the Equitrekking crew; ten (10) DVD mementos of the Equitrekking episode; and a Charles Owen helmet. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $9,500.
- Grand Prize winner must be able to travel on the dates and times to be specified by the Sponsor, and must agree (except where prohibited), as a condition of receiving the prize, to appear on-camera and be filmed for an Equitrekking episode that may be aired on television, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate potential winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries received. Travel reservations must be completed a minimum of 30 days prior to trip departure date. Travel must occur during the time period to be specified by Sponsor. Further travel and/or accommodations restrictions may apply. Actual value of Grand Prize depends on the city of departure and airfare fluctuations, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded If Grand Prize winner resides 150 miles of filming location, s/he will receive the use of a rental car (subject to age or other eligibility restrictions that may apply) in lieu of air travel (no compensation or substitution for difference in value will be awarded). All travel arrangements are subject to availability. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above, including but not limited to other ground transportation, hotel incidentals, other meals, beverages, souvenirs, luggage fees, travel insurance, phone calls, and tips, are solely the winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for providing all necessary identification documents and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. Grand Prize winner must have and present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into hotel.
- Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize may not be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash or substituted, in whole or in part, except that the Sponsor may substitute the prize or any component of the prize with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the event the stated prize/component becomes unavailable. Prize consists only of the items specified above. All state, federal and local income taxes on prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. Grand Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed in accordance with these Rules.
- On or around 11/17/11, the Administrator will conduct a random drawing to select the potential winner from among all eligible entries received. Administrator is independent of Sponsor, and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winner must comply fully with these Official Rules in order to be eligible to win and receive the Grand Prize. Sponsor or Administrator will contact potential winner by telephone, mail and/or e-mail. The potential Grand Prize winner is required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and, unless a Tennessee resident, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of initial written notification. If potential winner fails to comply with this condition, if potential winner is unable to accept the prize for any reason, including but not limited to an existing physical or medical condition, or if the potential winner is deemed ineligible to receive the prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Administrator, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of the prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto and participation in the film of the Equitrekking episode. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the common carrier on which the winner travels, the provider of lodging, and/or the respective affiliates of each of the foregoing. Furthermore, the winner, by accepting the prize, acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. The only applicable warranties are any warranties that may be provided by the common carrier, the provider of lodging, or the respective affiliates of each of the foregoing. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any physical injury or damage to entrants’ personal property, whether horse -related or regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from accepting the Grand Prize.
- DISPUTES: By participating, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Kansas; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Kansas.
- By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice, filmed, taped or otherwise recorded likeness, photographs, biographical material and contents of any interview or performance s/he provides, for advertising, promotion, public relations or trade purposes in commerce and in an Equitrekking episode or any other media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice (such consent being optional for Tennessee residents). The foregoing is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the ways in which winner’s name, likeness, etc. may be used by Sponsor. All such potential uses will be included in the publicity release that winner must sign in accordance with Rule 8, above (except where prohibited).
- For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 size envelope, to be received by 12/14/11, to: Bayer Legend of the Year Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 6185, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-6185.
Sponsor: Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, KS 66201
Administrator: David Kessler & Associates, Inc., 391 Castlewood Lane, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
* Must be an equine-oriented, not-for-profit organization, as determined by sponsor. This may include but not limited to the AAEP Foundation, equine rescues, equitarian projects, therapeutic riding programs or equine adoption programs. This donation is not intended to support animal rights organizations or programs.